Range of Services
The city of Weinheim’s business development model supports start-ups by:
- Mediating contact with regional consulting partners
- Providing information on the Weinheim business location
- Acting as a broker for suitable commercial properties
- Coordinating administrative affairs within the city administration
The IHK StarterCenter Rhein-Neckar, as a central contact point, offers comprehensive information and consulting services on general start-up issues, matters relating to financing, business topics, legal and tax-related issues, as well as tips regarding seminars and advance training opportunities.
Support Group for Self-Employment
The voluntary Weinheim Support Group for Self-Employment offers a free and non-binding advisory program:
- Assessing market opportunities and the competitive situation
- Help setting up a business plan (including financial and investment planning)
- Support in search for funding
- Developing a communications and sales plan
If you are interested in a consultation, please contact the business development team.
Funding Support Programs
Various funding programs have been set up to financially support the commercial sector, in particular medium-sized companies. The funding database of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Labor (BMWA) provides an overview of the current funding support programs of the Federal Government, the States and the EU. The following also offer further information and consulting services on public financial aid:
- Service Wirtschaftsförderung Baden-Württemberg
- Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau KfW
- L-Bank – state bank of Baden-Württemberg
- Bürgschaftsbank Baden Württemberg
The IHK Rhein-Neckar is available as a regional contact partner.
Rhein-Neckar Welcome Center for international professionals as well as small and medium-sized companies
Do you employ international professionals and are you planning operational measures that aim at successful integration?
The Rhein-Neckar Welcome Center will be happy to support you in designing and setting up a “Welcome culture” in your company.
The service includes:
- Support dealing with local authorities
- Consultation regarding suitable language courses
- Supporting family members
- Information on options for finding accommodation
- Developing welcome packages with useful information on the region
- Relaying information to specific contact persons within our partner network
- Practical support in everyday life
- Networking with regional offerings
Please see our Flyer (617 KB) for further information on the Rhein-Neckar Welcome Center www.welcomecenter-rn.de.
fibernet.rn – Rhein-Neckar High-Speed Network Association
The aim of this Association is to supply citizens and companies with a fast, powerful, needs-based and sustainable internet connection.
To ensure a future-proof broadband supply, the Rhine-Neckar district, with its 54 towns and communes, has founded the Rhein-Neckar High-Speed Network Association.
The Association is a service provider for the glass fiber expansion of its 55 members and is responsible for the consultation, planning, funding acquisition, construction and leasing of the network.
With the knowledge that data volumes will continue to increase in the future, the Rhein-Neckar High-Speed Network Association is setting up a communal communications infrastructure. With the network in public hands, the Association can thus already gradually set up the fiber-optic network of tomorrow. Synergies can be leveraged and costs saved through joint installations.
You can find more information on the Rhein-Neckar High-Speed Network Association at www.fibernet-rn.de.