Amt für Touristik, Kultur und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
- Tourism / Citymarketing -
Marktplatz 1 (Altes Rathaus)
69469 Weinheim

tel.: +49 6201 / 82 - 610
fax: +49 6201 / 82 - 619

How to reach us:
plan (511 KB)

Opening time:
Mon., Tue.
Thu., Fri.
10 am - 5 pm
10 am - 5 pm
Wed., Sat. 10 am - 2 pm
Sun. 11 am - 3 pm
(March - Oct.)
Beautiful houses line the Weinheim market place

Many splendid buildings line the market Square. You can experience gastronomic variety here and enjoy Mediterranean flair beneath Japanese pagoda trees.

Around the

Market Square

Stately gable front (crow-stepped gable) of the Old Town Hall in blue sky

The Old Town Hall

This was originally an open hall. From 1752 until after the war, it was used as the town hall. The Community Hall, furnished with Renaissance paintings, is located above it. The Weinheim coat of arms with the lion of the Electoral Palatinate, the blue and white diamond of Wittelsbach and the stepladder used in the wine-growing industry are mounted here.
Today you will find the Tourist Information at the ground floor.

eft of the marketplace fountain in front of the Lion Pharmacy, right of the main entrance of the Tourist Information in the Old Town Hall

Market Fountain and Lion Pharmacy (Loewenapotheke)

The market fountain, erected in 1928 with the statue of Justitia, together with the splendid half-timbered house of the Lion Pharmacy from the beginning of the 17th century, are located in close proximity.

Red sandstone roof over the portal of the Ulner Chapel

Chapel of Ulner

The Chapel of Ulner – the former hospital – is only visible from the Gerberbach (“Tanners’ Stream”) side as a chapel with choir. The main portal of the chapel is
overbuilt with a residential and office building that looks out onto the marketplace.
Today it is used as an event location.

 Catholic St. Laurentius Church

Catholic St. Laurentius Church

The Catholic St. Laurentius Church, which was newly constructed between 1911 and 1913, is located at the top of the marketplace. Numerous gravestones from the 13th to 18th century from the previous church can be found inside. The high altar and the side altar originate from the time around 1730.

The Royal Chamber

Royal Chamber

The residential house with “royal chamber“, in which the teacher, writer and politician Albert Ludwig Grimm lived (not related to the Brothers Grimm), can be found in the upper part of the marketplace. He was the first to publish an adaptation of the fairy tale “Snow White” in German.
Unfortunately, the Royal Chamber is only open to the public on certain days.